What a cozy sunday afternoon looks like? -I’m wrapped in my blankie, drinking some hot chocolate and reading an exciting book! Since I stopped consuming cow’s milk I really miss the hot delicacy as (for me) plant based milk hasn’t really been an option in this case. I tried out some different versions during the last time and finally found something which tastes different, but delicious! Super creamy and chocolaty.
It get’s the sweetness of (ripe) bananas and dates. Raw chocolate makes it so incredible chocolately. Combined with cinnamon, vanilla and some plant based milk (I used oat milk) you get a delicious, vegan hot chocolate!
I like to use frozen bananas. If you ever made “nicecream” you know how creamy the consistence will get in a blender! Afterwards I’m heating everything up in a pot. If you want you can top your hot chocolate with some raw cacao nibs.
I hope you like this hot chocolate recipe as much as I do! 🙂
- ½ frozen banana (ripe!)
- 200ml plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- 1-2 dates (pitted)
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 big tsp raw cacao
- some cacao nibs (optional)
- Cut ½ banana into smaller pieces and put it into the freezer for some hours.
- Cut 1-2 dates into smaller pieces as well and blend everything from milk to cinnamon.
- Heat it up in a pot afterwards.
- Top the hot chocolate with some raw cacao nibs. (optional)
- Enjoy! 🙂