Fruits in a salad? Oh yes, believe me! If you haven’t tried it yet it’s the perfect time to change that. I also wrote down some informations why this is the perfect time for lamb’s lettuce and why it’s so good for our body (and our new year’s resolutions! (;)
Instead of spending the week before christmas in Germany, drinking lots of mulled wine and hoping for some snow, a friend and I decided to fly to Spain. The time was limited as we’ve “only” been there for one week, but it was amazing! Two of our friends are living in Malaga and Sevilla for their semester abroad and we grabbed the chance to get some warmth. (; We spent the days soaking sun, walking around and (surprise surprise) eeeeat! The markets are full of ripe avocados, various olives and delicious smoothies. (It’s a dream for every foodie!! Especially if you take a look at the spanish prices for vegetables and fruits!!) Next to that we tried out soo many great restaurants and tapas bars which inspired me for some new recipes. This one is only the beginning haha
As lamb’s lettuce is in season right now I wanted to give you some informations about it:
- Lamb’s lettuce belongs (botanical) to the valerian family (it even contains valerian oil). That’s why it has this nutty flavour.
- Season: Late summer, autumn, winter
- In the vitamin ranking lamb’s lettuce is on the first place.
- Perfect for figure-conscious people: 100g only contains about 20kcal
I’m always happy about your feedback! 🙂
- 80g lamb's salad
- Seeds of ½ pomegranate
- 1 avocado
- ½ apple
- 1-2 handful walnuts
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp mustard
- Wash salad and core apple and avocado.
- Cut avocado into small stripes, apple in little cubes and chop nuts. Add pomegranate seeds.
- For the dressing: Mix ingredients together and pour over the salad before consumption.