Who doesn’t love chocolate?!? Even though I preferred other sweets when I was younger I’m a total chocolate addict now. Hardly a day passes without me having at least one little piece of dark chocolate. It seems like I really need it (at least that’s what I’m saying to myself ;)) and I think it’s super important to listen to what your body tells you. These vegan and gluten free brownies are the perfect match if you want to pursue your chocolate dreams and keep it healthy at the same time.
Chocolate doesn’t have to be unhealthy. Dark chocolate is very nutritious, has lots of antioxidants and, really important, it makes us happy! (To sum up only some benefits). Of course that doesn’t mean that you should start eating one chocolate bar after another but as with everything else in life it’s all about the balance. These brownies are filled with many good and healthy ingredients your body will thank you for. Besides they are vegan and gluten free, which isn’t the easiest baking composition as you might know. It tool some time, but I finally managed to create a delicious chocolaty brownie dream.
- 200g dark chocolate (vegan)
- 60g ground almonds
- 30g ground hazelnuts
- 40g walnuts
- 20g chopped almonds
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 4-5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 packet baking powder
- 30g cacao nibs (Used some of "purelysuperfoods"*)
- 5 tbsp kibbled linseeds + 16 tbsp water (=5 „linseed eggs“)
- 60g coconut oil + 4 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp maize starch + 5 tbsp water
- 60ml oat milk
- some more coconut oil to grease the springform
- some icing sugar to powder the ready-baked brownies
- Make your linseed eggs. It‘s important that the linseeds are kibbled to make sure that the water can soak in. Let them soak for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
- Melt chocolate (in a waterbath) and coconut oil (in a separate pot).
- Mix all the drie ingredients together (chop the walnuts before!) and add the remaining liquid ones. Stir everything together, fill the dough into a greased springform pan (the dough should be about 2-3 cm thick) and bake at 175 degrees C for 20-25 minutes.
- Powder the lukewarm - cold brownies with some icing sugar.
- It‘s important to let them cool down to make sure that they get the right texture. They taste amazing with some nice cream and hot raspberries.
Enjoy, Maja xx