This recipe is one of my favorite recipes at the moment! These tarts are the perfect choice for so many different situations. No matter if you eat them as a breakfast to- go if you’re in a hurry, as a snack if you’re a bit hungry during the meals or as a party buffet dessert. They’re not only a great eye-catcher, they’re also super delicious, vegan, gluten free AND healthy. If that’s not a reason to go into the kitchen and start to bake immediately I don’t know what is…! 😉
If you take a look at the recipe you might remember the ingredients from another recipe! Which one? My healthy oat- protein cookies. I already thought about making little tarts out of the dough a while ago so I finally changed some of the ingredients and created this oat tart recipe. Along with frozen yogurt and some fruits as topping the taste is delicious and so different from the cookies and I can only recommend you to give them a try! (=
By the way: It’s up to you to decide how big you want them to be and what you want to top them with. Strawberry season is over? No problem, what about some plums? You don’t have vanilla yogurt at home? Coconut tastes amazing as well! – Be creative! 😉
The little tarts are easy moulded by hand but you can also use some moulds if you want them to be bigger and / or flawless.
- 200g oats (gluten free if intolerant)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp kibbled linseeds + 4 tbsp water (= 2 "linseed eggs")
- ½ tbsp locust bean gum Johannisbrotkernmehl + 1tbsp water or 2 dates (chopped)
- 50g walnuts (chopped)
- 50ml agave syrup
- 100g dark chocolate (vegan) (opt.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- (vanilla)- yogurt as topping (other tastes are possible as well!!)
- fruits and seeds as toppings (berries, apples, hemp seeds,...)
- Mix linseeds and water and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- Mash the bananas with a fork, chop the chocolate into little pieces and mix everything in a bowl. Start to form little tarts (picture further up) and put them on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the tarts for about 25 minutes (175 degrees C)
- Top them with yogurt, fruits, seeds,... and put them into the freezer for some hours.
Best, Maja 🙂