If you ever get the chance to try a raw dessert you never want to stop! That’s why I created another raw recipe for you. These vegan, gluten free and raw bars are the perfect snack- to- go for your day at school/ work/ the university! They’re super delicious and filled with many nutritious super foods.
I’m a huge fan of many different kind of bars. Sadly many of them are filled with lots of industrial sugar and additives, even though it’s so simple to make some yourself! The first time I thought about that was some years ago when I red the ingredients list on a bar and thought “that shouldn’t be too hard, I’ve got almost everything I need at home anyway!” (It’s really sad that it took me so long to finally make them haha)
You don’t even need all the industrial sugar! Dates have a natural sweetness and are amazing for our body (They’re also called “bread of the dessert”, they contain lots of sugar and calories and they supply our body with lots of energy.) for various reasons: They’re rich in vitamin B and C, contain many important minerals (for example iron (really important for the oxygen transport in our body) and potassium (good for our heart/ our blood pressure)) and fibers. Moreover they reduce our craving for sweets.
Next to all these benefits they’re the perfect binder for all the seeds, nuts and berries, as they’ve got a super sticky consistence.
Actually you’re pretty free in the composition of your ingredients. (except of the dates – you need them for these kind of bars!) You could for example also use walnuts instead of pumpkin seeds or add any other ingredient you like. Be creative! (;
Have fun with trying out and if you want write me how you like this recipe! 🙂
Best, Maja 🙂
- 20 dried dates
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 20g Pumpkin seeds
- 20g hemp seeds
- 20g chia seeds
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
- 1 tbsp (white) sesame
- 2 tbsp dried berries
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 100g dark chocolate (vegan)
- Put aside 1 tbsp of each seeds, nuts and berries and blend the rest. (photo)
- Add dates, coconut oil and agave syrup and continue blending until it becomes a sticky mass.
- Take the seeds, nuts and berries you put aside and mix them to the dough. You can possibly save something for the decoration.
- Roll the dough on a backing paper to a thickness of about 1cm and put it into the fridge for at least 1hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath. Cut into 8 bars and dip them into the chocolate or just drizzle some over them. If you want you can also sprinkle some more seeds/ berries on the bars.
- Store in the fridge for up to one week.